Sunday, June 29, 2008

"They Love Eachother!"

"Dad, they love eachother!" So, these are the words I heard my daughter who is about a month shy of 4 years old whisper to me while watching Disney's new WALL-E. If you have not seen the movie, she is talking about two robots who, during the entire movie, do not say more than their names (WALL-E and EVE) and the word "directive", referring to a mission EVE has been programmed to carry out. Not that I believe that Brynley is picking up on something other children her age would not catch, I just think it is interesting that she saw "love" between two cartoon robots that hardly say a word to each other. So, now that I know she can grasp some sort of concept of "love" based upon what she can observe on the big screen, I hope and pray that we can raise her up to understand and live out Biblical love. Lord help us!

I recommend the movie! Good food for thought! Grace be with you!

3 comments:

the broomes said...

Gracious, y'all have some beautiful little girls!!! Praise God!!!

deliveredjude said...

That's really interesting. The girls look like little ladies. Congratulations.

deliveredjude said...

ok, so, if you haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet...well, you need to. That's all I can say. I recently watched it, and I am certain that you would absolutely love it. And, you should write more if you can. :)